SARA: STOPPING AT BLONDE WHILE ON THE WAY TO GREY

Sunday, October 30, 2011

STOPPING AT BLONDE WHILE ON THE WAY TO GREY

So I wanted to go grey for a couple of months now. Nowadays it feels like H&M completely changes their whole sortiment every week, fast fashion is key and bloggers are like 14 years old. Youth is the shit to sum it all up. So I found it quite interesting to go the other route.

I must have asked about thirty hairdressers in total (Umeå just must be the town with the most hairdressers in Sweden) and some were just straight up "I dont touch that", but most were saying I would have to come in for at least two to three sessions, every session costing me about 2000 sek (220 €). Now that adds up to something like 600 € at least. Plus they said they have no clue how it would turn out. They crazy.

So i DIYed. Just stating my idea online got quite a response. Like people were panically calling/texting/mailing me to leave it be. And I gotta admit I was a bit scared just before I started messing with the bleach. Now I was totally prepared that the first bleaching would turn out orange (thats normal since under brown hair normally lays orange) but it didnt. Yay. So now Im just gonna keep it like this for a week or so, giving my hair some time to just rest and then bleach it again. I expect to end up with Sisqo-hair (you remember Sisqo right?) after the second or third bleach and then Im gonna tone it with a grey/purple colour which hopefully will leave me with grey-ish hair. It wont be completely even (and I dont want it to be) and it will be a bit of a experiment but Ive enjoyed it so far and it saves me some serious cash.

After having a serious wtf-moment when I woke up this morning, having forgotten last nights bleaching, I now really like the momentary state of the hair.

3 comments:

  1. Really like your blog and i am excited to see your greyish hair! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look really nice in blonde, but i'm excited to see the gray!
    I would really like to fallow your blog, but I have no idea where the fallow option is

    ReplyDelete